[Eeglablist] comparing condition and group ERP's from a STUDY

Hamish INNES-BROWN HINNES-BROWN at bionicear.org
Mon Oct 13 22:35:09 PDT 2008

Hi EEGLAB list.

I'm currently trying to track down the source of a problem i have
plotting condition and group ERP's from the STUDY channel measures menu.

I have all the 'group' and 'condition' data loaded into the EEG.group
and EEG.condition.  The correct group and condition numbers pop up in
the study info window when all the subjects are loaded into the study..
In EEG.group and EEG.condition the values are strings (but numerals).  I
have groups '1' and '2', and conditions '111' and '122'.

The study looks like this
>> STUDY
STUDY =
           name: 'Study1'
    datasetinfo: [1x58 struct]
        cluster: [1x1 struct]
        changrp: [1x63 struct]
           task: ''
          notes: ''
       filename: 'STUDY_ALL.study'
       filepath: 'D:\_PROJECTS\_FB\_ANALYSIS\__EEGLAB\SET\08STUDY_ALL\'
        history: [1x3126 char]
        subject: {1x29 cell}
          group: {'1'  '2'}
        session: []
      condition: {'111'  '122'}
         setind: [2x29 double]
            etc: [1x1 struct]
       preclust: [1x1 struct]
          saved: 'yes'

Now, when plotting the channel measures, I select "plot conditions on
the same panel", and get two plots as expected.  The first (group '1')
has two lines, as expected.  One is labelled '111' and the other '122'.
All OK.  However underneath there is an empty plot, labelled '2', but
with no lines.

I thought this might be somehow a fault in my data or the way the
conditions and groups are entered (maybe they should be numbers, not
strings?) so I tried loading the example data (5subjects.zip), and added
a group variable.  Same problem however.

Anyone had any luck with this before?

Many thanks

Hamish Innes-Brown
Senior Research Officer