[Eeglablist] comparing condition and group ERP's from a STUDY

Hamish INNES-BROWN HINNES-BROWN at bionicear.org
Sun Oct 19 18:06:07 PDT 2008

Hi Arno, thanks for your reply.

The weird thing is, I'm certain that all your points below are true.
Both conditions are present in all subjects, and the group really is a
group (ie groups '1' and '2' have different subjects - children vs
adults, and are not ways to sneak in extra conditions).

Just to be sure, I wrote a short script to save the EEG.setnames,
EEG.group, EEG.condition, EEG.ntrials, pnts, srate, xmin and xmax for
all the sets in the Study to a csv file, and all was correct.

% script for extracting the number of trials of each stimulus, for each
% subject in a STUDY.
%STUDY must be currently open
% loop over sets in study.

nsets = size(STUDY.datasetinfo,2)

%make an empty matrix to fill up with the data
%rows = sets
output = zeros(nsets, 8);

for currentset = 1:nsets;
    csetname = EEG(currentset).setname;
    ID = str2num(csetname(2:4));
    output(currentset,1) = ID;
    output(currentset,2) = str2num(EEG(currentset).group) ;
    output(currentset,3) = str2num(EEG(currentset).condition);
    output(currentset,4) = EEG(currentset).trials ;
    output(currentset,5) = EEG(currentset).pnts ;
    output(currentset,6) = EEG(currentset).srate ;
    output(currentset,7) = EEG(currentset).xmin ;
    output(currentset,8) = EEG(currentset).xmax ;
end

Results here if interested
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pMWrciDbEoFRAgnrYtXy9MQ
<http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pMWrciDbEoFRAgnrYtXy9MQ&inv=hinn
esbrown at gmail.com&t=4926724069117154563&guest>

The other weird thing is that every other plotting button works
perfectly well, I can see Spect, ERSP, and ITC plots for both conditions
and groups, which makes me think the data must be OK, as I guess all
these measures are being calculated from the same data..?

And all the electrodes are interpolated - I ended up using v6.01 just to
do the electrode interpolation, then switching back to 6.03b(oct2008) to
pre-calc all the channel measures.  Selecting the individual setfiles
and plotting ERP's also works fine, for both groups and condition types,
so I dont think the data is missing or wrongly arranged.  Any other
hints?

Many thanks!

Hamish Innes-Brown
Senior Research Officer