[Eeglablist] Unequal group size and STUDY use

Bradley Voytek bradley.voytek at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 17:55:16 PST 2008

The easiest work-around is to just do stats in matlab. Most people do
t-tests, but if you want to be safe and if you have the statistics
toolbox, use the ranksum command in matlab to perform the Mann-Whitney
U test, which is a non-parametric t-test.

Create two vectors, one for each group, where each element in the
vector is the mean amplitude (or the sum of amplitudes) of a time
window for each trial, for each subject.  Use these two vectors as
your input for your ttest2 or ranksum analyses.

It's pretty easy.

If you want to do bootstrapping statistics for each time point like
EEGLAB does, it'll take a little more work for unequal groups, but
it's possible.

::bradley voytek