[Eeglablist] does electrode order have to be same across SS at study level?

James Desjardins jdesjardins at brocku.ca
Wed Apr 13 13:30:42 PDT 2011

Hi Agatha,

My understanding is that if you use the EEGLAB menu Edit > Channel
locations and you then click "Read Locations" from the pop_chanedit
GUI EEGLAB will overwrite the channel labels in the EEG.chanlocs
structure and the sequence of your channel coordinates will match the
order of the channels in the selected coordinate file (rather than the
order of the channels in your EEG.data structure).

On the other hand if you instead click on "Look up Locs" from the
pop_chanedit GUI EEGLAB will try to match the labels in your
EEG.chanlocs structure to labels in the selected coordinate file.

It seems to me that the "Look up Locs" option is what will work for
you. Or similarly the 'lookup' optional input to the pop_chanedit
function at the command line.

I hope this helps.

James Desjardins
Technician, MA Student
Department of Psychology, Behavioural Neuroscience
Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab
Brock University
500 Glenridge Ave.
St. Catharines, ON, Canada
L2S 3A1