[Eeglablist] Filter causality pop_eegfiltnew

Vito de Feo vito.defeo at zmnh.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Jan 16 10:42:55 PST 2014

  Dear Makoto,

I attach you a couple of papers that illustrate the problems. To explain
quickly the problem it is obvious that if you filter in both the directions
(as an acausal filter does) you introduce a correlation beetwen the
"future" and the "past".

I need to filter the data to remove the 50 HZ (or 60 Hz if you are in USA
or Japan) frequency. For the rest I don't filter.

Best

Vito