[Eeglablist] extracting single-trial values

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 21:26:59 PST 2014

Hello Bastien,

I don't know about built-in functions for this, but if there isn't
one, extracting them with MATLAB is fairly straightforward anyway. For
each participant you can run something like this:

baseline = 200; % length of pre-stimulus baseline in ms, assuming 1000
Hz sampling rate
window = [300 500]; % let's say you want to extract the mean from 300-500 ms
values = EEG.data(:, (window(1)+baseline+1):(window(2)+baseline+1),
:); % pull out the time window
values = squeeze( mean( values, 2 ) ); % average over samples

Then you have a vector consisting of the mean amplitudes for each trial.

Best,
Steve

Stephen Politzer-Ahles
New York University, Abu Dhabi