[Eeglablist] Separating out Alpha from mu oscillations

B L thirstyforknowledge123 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:40:50 PDT 2014

Hi Matthew(and others),

Thanks for your suggestions.
Just few clarifications. So I assume the CSD(& Hjorth transform) method you
are suggesting is to remove the effect of volume conduction, right?
And yes, I always baseline correct the data using pre-stim data(with no
movements) as baseline in time and frequency(while calculating ERSP)
domain.
So if I perform the above two steps, can I be sure that the effect of alpha
is very much minimized in the central region? In other words, can I simply
ignore the effect of alpha  when I compare central regions in the alpha
freq. band(7-13hz or 8-13hz) between 2 groups of interest?

Thanks again,
Bala

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Chuck Telestel <sunshineafterdusk at gmail.com