[Eeglablist] how to get mean ersp data

Arnaud Delorme arno at salk.edu
Tue Nov 13 16:02:49 PST 2007

Dear Jung,

the ERSP data is stored in each cluster of the STUDY under
STUDY.cluster(x). Each function also return this information. For
instance, std_erspplot will return 4 arguments, the first one is the
STUDY, the second is the ERSP for all conditions, the third one are the
time latencies and the 4th the different frequencies.

The ERSP is a cell array. For instance, if you have 16 subjects and 2
conditions, it will be

ERSP =
    [200x100x16]
    [200x100x16]

The first array contains data for the first condition and the second one
data for the second condition. You must average these before plotting them.

erspcond1 = mean(ERSP{1},3);
erspcond2 = mean(ERSP{2},3);

then you may use either imagesc, logimagesc or tftopo to plot these arrays.