[Eeglablist] How I can perform ERCOH analysis

Hsu, Shen-Mou shehsu at indiana.edu
Tue Dec 4 11:48:48 PST 2007

Dear experts,

I am trying to relate event-related phase coherence analysis described in Delorme (2004) to those described Lachaux (1999). There are some issues and hope someone may help me out.

1. According to Lachaux(1999), the signal is bandpassed at f=2Hz before convolving with a wavelet. I was wondering how this step is performed in crossf(). It seems that the EEGlab uses linear filtering, but what is the property of the filter, such as frequency range etc.

2. According to Lachaux(1999), time frequency charts of both phase synchrony and spectral power are normalized to a prestimulus baseline by calculating the mean and the SD during the baseline period. How to specify the baseline period in crossf()?  Besides, the denominator in the equation 4 in Delorme (2004) seems to be the normalizing factor, but what the differences are compared to Lachaux's method?

3. With respect to the boostrap test, I would much appreciate if anyone may direct me to some references as to how it is executed.

Many thanks in advance.

Shen-Mou Hsu