[Eeglablist] writting cnt files

Nasser Mourad nmourad_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 10:49:13 PST 2009

Hi,
I have a cnt file called my_file.cnt. The number of channels in this file is 129. I want to apply some signal processing techniques on the EEG data in this file using Matlab. For doing this, I used the function (read_eep_cnt.m) to read the data. After processing the data, I tried to convert it back to the cnt format. I know that the function (writecnt.m) can be used for doing this. However, this function needs header information, which is not provided by the function (read_eep_cnt.m). Finally I discovered that the headers needed by the function (read_eep_cnt.m) can be obtained by reading the data using the function (loadcnt.m) rather than the function (read_eep_cnt.m). The problem is that, the function (loadcnt.m) does not read the EEG data correctly. For example, when I used this function to read the data in the file my_file.cnt, the function produced a dataset with 4012 channels!!!! rather than 129 channels.
So, can you please tell me how can I solve this problem?

Best,
Nasser