[Eeglablist] Help with Neuroscan and Analyzer files

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Sat May 16 12:15:31 PDT 2009

Dear Elia,

I think the problem is both because of your Matlab version and also
the fact that you are running out of memory. When Matlab crashes it is
never EEGLAB fault, but I agree that this can be frustrating. Read the
data, and save it using EEGLAB data format. Then restart Matlab and
reload the data. This might ease slightly the memory burden.

We have a new version of EEGLAB that uses memory mapping so the file
stays on disk. Unfortunately Matlab memory mapping implementation is
not stable and Matlab crashes often when we use this option. We are
trying to stabilize it using the SPM memory mapping implementation
instead of the Matlab one (SPM implemented their own memory mapping
routines within Matlab more than 10 years ago) but this might take time.