[Eeglablist] How do I subtract between two channels and create a new one with that result?

이재용 people82 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 00:10:21 PDT 2009

Thanks to Linsandro, Sukru, and Javieor.
I understand that it is possible to compute the waveforms with the matlab,
but I was just looking for a more convenient way to do it. I kind of get the
idea of subtracting between channels with the re-referencing function, but
is not clear enough.  I will probably have to go through the tutorial again.

*The toolbox Javier sent me seems perfect for the job, but some how I am
facing error messages as shown below.  Could you give me a hand with
starting the GUI?*
*
*
Thank you all for the generous help.
==========
EEG = pop_chanoperator(EEG);
??? Undefined function or variable 'geterplabversion'.

Error in ==> chanoperGUI>chanoperGUI_OpeningFcn at 68
version = geterplabversion;

Error in ==> gui_mainfcn at 210
    feval(gui_State.gui_OpeningFcn, gui_hFigure, [], guidata(gui_hFigure),
varargin{:});

Error in ==> chanoperGUI at 43
    [varargout{1:nargout}] = gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});

Error in ==> pop_chanoperator at 76
        answer = chanoperGUI ;

=======================

2009/6/2 Javier Lopez <javlopez at ucdavis.edu>

>  Hi,
>
> We are currently developing an ERP toolbox that has functions for these
> types of operations. Please visit
> http://www.erpinfo.org/erplab/erplab-toolbox/view .
>
> For instance,  pop_chanoperator.m, chanoperator.m, and its GUI, could help
> and I've attached these to this e-mail.
>
> Copy them (these m-files?) into your current directory.
>
> For now (before the public ERPLAB release), you should open EEGLAB, load
> your dataset, and then write the following at the command window:
>
> EEG = pop_chanoperator(EEG);
>
> and you will see a GUI. Edit your formula(s) (you can click on examples to
> see the syntax).  In order to save your data with the newly created
> channels, go to EEGLAB File Menu, and click on Save current dataset as.
>
> Feedback is welcome.
>

> Best regards,
>

> Javier
>

> On Jun 1, 2009, at 7:02 AM, 이재용 wrote:
>
> *How do I subtract or summate between two channels and create a new one
> with that result?*
>
> I am a newbie with EEGLAB.  I guess one way to get a difference waveform is
> to export the processed EEG dataset and compute it with some other tools,
> like the excel or matlab.  Adding or subtracting between channels seems to
> be a quite simple function, but I can't find it within the EEGLAB.  Could
> anyone show me a decent way to do this using the EEGLAB toolbox?
> Thanks a lot in advance.

Sincerely,
Jaeyong Lee

mobile + 82 (0)10 2238 0678