[Eeglablist] Loading and Reading Channel by Channel rather than All Channels at once using loadcnt.

S N sn.stanford at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 14:50:43 PDT 2009

Hi,

We are manually loading the .CNT on a larger server and are unable to do so
on a regular desktop machine because the 64 channel .CNTs are huge ~ 1.5GB.
They are 10kHz worth of data for 8-10mins.

Instead of needing any further server involvement, I am trying to modify the
loadcnt function to only load one channel at a time. Ideally, I would like
to be able to specify the channel and retrieve ONLY the EEG.data for that
one specified channel and run our code on it, then get the EEG.data for
another specified channel. What we want to avoid is having to load the
entire .CNT into RAM to get the data out. We can only afford to retrieve the
data for one channel.

In addition, is there a function to get only the EEG.event data out of the
.CNT without also having to load the entire, huge .CNT file?

Thanks,
Sharmin