[Eeglablist] Compatability and artifact identification issues

Power elf, Jordan J.PowerElf2 at nuigalway.ie
Thu Oct 8 08:02:54 PDT 2009

Compatibility and artifact attenuation issues

Dear EEGLAB members,

I am currently conducting an electroencephalography experiment with the neuroscience division of the National University of Ireland Galway. During the experimental design phase I encountered much discussion about the algorithms used to attenuate artifact interference in the EEG signal. Many papers seem to agree that the only means of accounting for ECG and EOG artifacts is to record these signals simultaneously on a different channel. Once the data is collected it can then be processed using filtering methods. These papers (such as "Artifact removal from EEG signals using adaptive filters in cascade") include many advanced algorithms to account for these artifacts once all the data has been recorded. Unfortunately the sheer scale of my experiment makes the manual processing of my data a prohibitive prospect. I was wondering if EEGlab included a facility that applied these adaptive filter algorithms automatically when presented with the raw eeg data and the EKG and EOG artifacts. I would also like to know if eeglab is compatible with labchart, the program i am using to record my data.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated,
Jordan