[Eeglablist] Averaged waveform across electrodes

Steve Luck sjluck at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jan 25 13:19:44 PST 2011

ERPLAB Toolbox (http://erpinfo.org/erplab) plugs into EEGLAB and provides a very powerful but simple tool for making arbitrary combinations of electrodes.  This tool, called Channel Operations, can operate either on EEGLAB's EEG structure or on ERPLAB's own ERP structure.  It allows you to write simple equations like this:

nchan65 = (chan30 + chan36 + chan39 + chan51)/4
# new channel 65 equals the average of channels 30, 36, 39, and 51

This should solve your problem very easily.

Steve Luck

> From: "Dott. Rosario Romualdo Federico" <dott.federico at mac.com>
> Date: January 20, 2011 12:47:42 PM PST
> To: eeglablist at sccn.ucsd.edu
> Subject: [Eeglablist] Averaged waveform across electrodes from Netstation data
>

> Hi everyone,
> I'm a PhD student (almost done!) in Pisa (developmental neuroscience), working atm on n170.
> I'm using a GES 300 of EGI, and if I'm right I guess that with the tools provided in Netstation is still not possible to get the waveform (even if you can extract numerical data) from a chosen number of electrodes.
>
> My question to you is: what is the easiest  way of getting the average waveform from a ROI of any given number of adiacent electrodes?
> (I basically never used eeglab, but I learn fast, and I have to be fast!:))
>
> Thanks a lot in advance
>

> --
> Dott. Rosario R. Federico
> MD, Child Neurologist and Psychiatrist
> Ph.D. student in Basic and Developmental Neuroscience

Steven J. Luck, Ph.D.
Director, Center for Mind & Brain
Professor, Department of Psychology
University of California, Davis