[Eeglablist] Large-volume cross-coherence analysis

Will Sedley willsedley at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 08:06:06 PST 2011

Dear EEGlab experts,

I would be grateful for any help on this.

I have a dataset of about 190 channels (which I have cut down from
around 1400), and am needing to compute cross-coherence between every
channel and every other channel.

Presently I am running newcrossf for every channel combination, which
means running it approx 18,000 times per condition. I have limited the
resolution to 2 time points and 30 frequency to speed things up, but
it still takes 5-10 hours to run.

I am wondering if there is a way to do this a more
computationally-efficient way. e.g. is there a way to compute
coherence just based on the complex part of the last output argument
of newtimef? Then perhaps I could just run a time/frequency
decomposition once per channel, and then do some further computations
to obtain the coherences.

If anyone can suggest how to go about this (or an equivalent method),
or even provide any code to help with this, then I would be extremely
grateful.

Many thanks in advance and best wishes,
Will