[Eeglablist] Single trial power

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Fri Feb 25 22:14:45 PST 2011

Dear Erika,

yes this is correct. The newtimef function returns average power. However the last output of newtimef "tfdata" contains the spectral estimates for each trial (type "help newtimef" for more details). "tfdata" contains complex numbers though. To compute single trial power, you have to do abs(tfdata).^2 or tfdata.*conj(tfdata).

Best regards,

Arno