[Eeglablist] How to activate the dipole moment time course

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Tue Mar 8 14:01:16 PST 2011

Dear Ludwing,

the EEGLAB menu cannot perform source localization on ERP time courses, only on ICA components. This is a choice we made.

However, the function dipfit_erpeeg.m (from the command line only) can perform localization of ERPs at a single latency. For more advanced localization of ERP (over time range etc...), you should convert your data to Fieldtrip (eeglab2fieldtrip(EEG)) and use Fieldtrip's source localization capabilities.

Best regards,

Arno

ps: here some code to perform localization at time 164 ms on the EEGLAB epoched tutorial dataset (sample point 150). You will need to change the path to fit your local machine obviously.

[ dipole model EEG] = dipfit_erpeeg(mean(EEG.data(150,:,:),3), EEG.chanlocs, 'settings', { 'hdmfile','/Users/arno/eeglab/plugins/dipfit2.2/standard_BESA/standard_BESA.mat','coordformat','Spherical','mrifile','/Users/arno/eeglab/plugins/dipfit2.2/standard_BESA/avg152t1.mat','chanfile','/Users/arno/eeglab/plugins/dipfit2.2/standard_BESA/standard-10-5-cap385.elp','chansel',[1:32] });