[Eeglablist] A question about rejecting extreme values

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 21:29:03 PST 2011

Perhaps this will help...
If you are using epoched data, you can go to tools, reject data epochs,
and a gui will pop up with several artifact rejection methods, included
extreme values.
See
Rejecting artifacts in epoched data at
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_01:_Rejecting_Artifacts
You can cut the data into short contiguous data epochs using the reg_epoch
function
See http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/allfunctions/eeg_regepochs.html

You can also follow some of the suggested steps in the eeglab tutorial,
including manual removal of gross artifacts,
ICA decomposition, and removal or isolation of artifactual components.

There are also two addons that might be of use, the ADJUST and the FASTER
plugins, you can
find out about them on the EEGLAB plugin page or via google.