[Eeglablist] Subtracting conditions and statistics

Cyril Pernet cyril.pernet at ed.ac.uk
Tue Mar 29 00:29:56 PDT 2011

Hi Veronique,

I'm not going into details of how to subtract etc .. but I have an
'easy' answer for your ANOVA.

Using the LIMO EEG toolbox
(https://gforge.dcn.ed.ac.uk/gf/project/limo_eeg/) this is trivial. For
each subject you enter your conditions which will generate beta
(regression) coefficients. Then enter those coefficient into an ANOVA
like you would do for RT. This approach thus accounts for within and
between subjects variance (random effect).

The toolbox is fully interfaced so it's easy to do. The analysis works
for all electrodes and time frame testing amplitude differences (and
therefore incidentally telling when in time conditions differ).

good luck
Cyril

Dear EEGLab users,

I am new to EEGlab so I apologize in advance if answers to my questions
are obvious. I ran an MMN experiment and would like to subtract 2
conditions to compute a difference waveform (i.e. the MMN). I managed to
plot the MMN using Sum/Compare ERPs from the Plot menu but I don't know
how to save it as a "new condition" (to do some stats afterwards). Can
anyone help?

Also, I would like to do an ANOVA to compare MMN latency and amplitude
between 2 types of contrasts and 2 groups of subjects (2x2 design). For
this, I'd like to extract numerical values for peak latency and peak
amplitude in a given time-window. Does anyone know how to do it with
EEGlab?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
Veronique Boulenger

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.