[Eeglablist] ICA on continuous v. epoched data?

Grega Repovs grega.repovs at psy.ff.uni-lj.si
Thu Mar 31 01:20:26 PDT 2011

Andrew,

Once you have computed ICA, you have two views od your data available. One is the view of the original data channels that you can plot and analyze in different ways, the other is of the estimated components, virtual channels that represent the estimated sources, that you can also view and analyze. In EEGLAB you can look at the component channels and ERPs through "Plot" menu (e.g. "Component activations (scroll), Component maps, Component ERPs …) and do all that you can otherwise do with regular channels.

To "compare the involvement of the identified components between conditions", you can, for instance, compute component ERPs for different conditions in your study (represented by different sets of epochs) and compare them, the same way you would do it for regular channels.

Best,

Grega