[Eeglablist] Single trial data in newtimef –follow-up questions

Ido Davidesco idd at netvision.net.il
Tue Apr 5 04:57:18 PDT 2011

Dear all,
In continuation to previous discussions – I also have some questions about single trial t-f  decompositions:
1. I understand that the single trials in the "tfdata" are not baseline corrected. How can I correct each trial relative to it`s own baseline? I`ve tried to use the "powbase" output, but if I understand correctly – this is the mean baseline of all the trials, right?

2. What is the best way to calculate the time course of a certain band (e.g. the power in the 5-15 Hz band as a function of time)? One obvious way is to take the "ERSP" matrix and calculate the mean activity over that frequency range, but then I won`t have any error bars. In addition, I prefer to display the time course as % signal change instead of dB – is it possible?

3. Arnaud – in one of the previous messages you wrote that: "Do not use the log transformation (default) when you work with baseline corrected single trials or some values can blow off". How can I disable the log transformation?

Thanks!
Ido