[Eeglablist] Importing Neuroscan .eeg epoched data

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 12:48:18 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I am interested in importing epoched Neuroscan data into EEGLAB to perform
ICA artifact correction (the continuous files are much too large to import
without chopping them into several smaller files each). I tried epoching the
files in Neuroscan's software while including all conditions (such that each
epoched file contained epochs with different trigger values, e.g.
'1','2','3','4'), but after importing into EEGLAB every epoch seems to have
the same trigger value, 'TLE'. I had intended to extract the epochs for each
condition into separate datasets to perform averaging and further analysis
by condition, but of course if the epochs no longer have triggers that
identify their condition that is difficult.

Does anyone know how to preserve the event/trigger information when
importing Neuroscan .eeg data? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Best,
Stephen Politzer-Ahles

--
Stephen Politzer-Ahles