[Eeglablist] ANT trg match error 64bit version

giorgia cona giorgia.cona at unipd.it
Mon May 2 19:13:09 PDT 2011

Hi,
I've had probably the same problem. It seems due to the fact that some
events are no more coded as numbers but as characters.
If you digit in Matlab command window EEG.event.type probably you'll see
that, for example, your event 11 instead became '11 '.
In my case, some events had also a space (as you can see in the example), so
eeglab can't code them as events.
What I've done is a script in Matlab to convert the events.
Here the script:

for i=1:size(EEG.event,2);
    EEG.event(i).type=str2num(EEG.event(i).type);
    EEG.event(i).urevent=i;
    end;

Hoping this is useful,
Best,
Giorgia

2011/4/30 Ron Ye <ficusry at gmail.com>

> When using the lately released version(v1.09) of ANT importer for EEGLAB, I
> can normally read the *.cnt files in my 64bit MATLAB(R2010a). However,
> when I was trying to extract epochs, there comes a new problem, the *.trg
> files could not correctly match the cnt files, some of my trigger codes were
> lost.
>
> Does anyone have the same problem?
>
> --
> *Dept. of Medical Psychology, The Neuropsychology Lab,*
> **
> *Anhui Medical University,*
> **
> *Hefei City, Anhui Province, PR China*
> **
> *Tel: +86-551-2923704; Fax: +86-551-2923704*

Giorgia Cona,
PhD student
Department of General Psychology, University of Padua,
via Venezia 8, 35131 Padova - Italy
Phone: +39 049 8276248
E-mail: giorgia.cona at unipd.it
http://lcnl.psy.unipd.it/people/cona.htm <http://lcnl.psy.unipd.it/>