[Eeglablist] Error message during time-frequency analysis

Amy Arlene Nash Amy.Nash at Colorado.EDU
Thu May 5 14:34:08 PDT 2011

Thank you in advance for any help you all can offer with this question.

I have been running time-frequency analyses on a number of datasets which I
import from Neuroscan .eeg files.  Importing is no problem and most of the
time, I am able to get the analysis to run without issue, and lovely plots
are the result.  However, some of the time I get a warning about dividing by
zero, followed by a warning that the imaginary parts of complex X and/or Y
arguments are ignored.

Ultimately, the ERSP usually plots well, but the ITC is all dark blue, with
an error message that says: Bad property value found, Object name: axes,
Property name: ŒYLim¹, Values must be increasing and non-NAN.

Is there something I could change about my imported data files or analysis
parameters that would allow me to avoid this error?  These EEG recordings
were all acquired in the same way, and have similar properties overall... I
haven¹t been able to figure out why some files will analyze and plot and
others won¹t.  I apologize for my lack of general MATLAB troubleshooting
knowledge, and again, appreciate your input.  I would hate to lose some of
my sample to analysis errors like this.

Many thanks,
Amy Nash

Amy Nash, M.S., CCC-A
Doctoral Candidate, University of Colorado at Boulder
Brain and Behavior Laboratory
503-926-4919 (cell)