[Eeglablist] questions about statcond and Permutation test

Hector Yamil Vidal Dos Santos hvidaldossantos at gmail.com
Fri May 13 17:27:00 PDT 2011

Hello everyone
I'm using eeglab to perform a permutation test and I have some questions.
I'm comparing eeg data acquired under two different conditions
so
DATA= {[nelectrodes x timepoints x ntrials under cond 1]  ,  [nelectrodes x
timepoints x ntrials under cond 2]}

I'm using the statcond command as follow

[t df pvals] = statcond(DATA,'mode','perm','paired','off','naccu', 5000);

and this are my questions:
What type of permutation test is this command running? Is a Monte Carlo
permutation test (in which permutations can be use more than ones)? or is it
a approximate randomization test (in which permutations does not repeat)?

I'm using 5000 permutation, but how can I calculate how many permutations is
necessary to use depending on the amount of trials?

Last question: Do I still need to calculate False Discovery Rate and do
something about it?

Best,
Yamil