[Eeglablist] questions about statcond and Permutation test

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Sat Jun 4 10:31:55 PDT 2011

Dear Yamil,

in answer to your questions, the permutation used in EEGLAB is a randomization test. "Monte Carlo permutation" as you call it is what we call bootstrap (in which samples can be use more than once). And yes, you still have to apply FDR on the resulting p-values. This is performed using the following code snippet:

p_corrected = fdr(p_uncorrected);

Best regards,

Arno