[Eeglablist] changing event labels

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 07:11:45 PDT 2011

All - When changing or adding event codes, be aware of the importance of
also retaining full event information in the *EEG.urevent* structure.  'Ur'
(German) means 'original' -- this structure should accumulate a record of
ALL the events known to have occurred during the experiment -- and this
information remains with the data even in highly selective epoched datasets
derived from the original session data.

EEGLAB event editing functions see that the urevent structure is
maintained.

Information in the urevent structure is used, for example, by eeg_context()
to retrieve sets of events of designated ('target') types and information
about selected ('neighbor') types of events that preceded and/or followed
them. You may use this function in scripts to get information about or
select (sub)sets of epochs time locked to certain types of events, for
example *all 'button press' events following two 'incorrect'  feedback
events in previous trials with latency from the last 'stimulus' event (i.e.,
RT) less than 500 ms* .... (or etc).

Scott Makeig

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 12:31 AM, Tarik S Bel-Bahar
<tarikbelbahar at gmail.com>wrote:

> use the import event info functions from the gui or the command line. see
> help on the eeglab wiki, and help on eeglab functions
> you can script a loop through your existing labels and change the
> EEG.events fields to contain the event values or strings you want.
> examine the EEG.events and EEG.urevents structure and documentation. Good
> luck!
>

> On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Aleksandra Vuckovic <
> Aleksandra.Vuckovic at glasgow.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>>   Dear all,
>> I've recorded some data with Neuroscan and have assigned event numbers
>> which do not match the default Biosig event code (arrows sowing left
>> right etc). Now I would like to use Biosig function ShowERDS but do not
>> have the right events coding. I could theoretically use 'sload' function
>> to separate data and header and change header.evenets.type but do not
>> know who to merge modified header with the data (would it work)? Or somebody
>> can suggest me some more elegant way to change the event coding?
>>
>> Many thanks!
>> Aleksandra Vuckovic

>> eeglablist-request at sccn.ucsd.edu

Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation & Adj. Prof. of
Neurosciences, University of California San Diego, La Jolla CA 92093-0559,
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott