[Eeglablist] plotting topographies for an average time window and for the difference between conditions

seba Sebastian.Korb at unige.ch
Wed Jun 8 08:28:04 PDT 2011

Dear Eeglab people,

2 questions concerning the plotting of 2-D topographies:

1) I am trying to plot the average of all trials over all channels with pop_timtopo, which works fine, but instead of plotting topographical maps at specific latencies (e.g at 300 and 600 ms) I would like to plot the topography of the average of a time window (e.g. the average for each channel from 300 to 600 ms).
How can I do that?
Is it possible to do so in standard Eeglab or do I need to use Erplab and/or the massive univariate toolbox?
I would prefer being able to do it only with eeglab/matlab, as if I got it right Erplab requires continuous data for creating an eventlist, while I already have epoched data in eeglab
I also haven't been able to add bin events to the EEGLAB setfiles, as required for the massive univariate toolbox.

2) I would also like to plot the topography corresponding to the difference of two conditions, again by averaging a certain time-range.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best

Sebastian

Sebastian Korb, Ph.D.