[Eeglablist] Saccades from eog data

Scott Munro phaddie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 14:29:54 PDT 2011

Hello,
  We have a set a MEg data from a CTF machine that we have imported into
eeglab.  We are trying to isolate the saccades in the horizontal eog
channels.  I am hoping that eeglab will allow us to do that.  Up until now
we have just been looking at a plot of the eog value
and manually identifying the saccades, this of course is less than Ideal.

  No calibration routine was done so we found a paper that gives some
criteria for isolating saccades.  Basically they label the start of a
saccade when the voltage increased (or decreased) for 15 consecutive time
points and the chnage over those 15 times points was greater than 100 micro
volts.  We were hoping to use the same criteria.

  I am extremely new to eeglab and this type of data.  I have yet been able
to find a way to implement a search of teh data for situations that meet
this criteria.

 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  Thank you in advance.

   Scott Munro