[Eeglablist] Saccades from eog data

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 9 19:08:37 PDT 2011

Dear Scott,

I would probably low pass filter below 10 Hz to be sure to remove high frequency parameters before doing this test. Also this will depend on your data sampling rate. 15 points at 256 Hz is 60 ms but it is only 30 ms at 512 Hz.

Then you can try something like if you want to use the first channel

diffData = diff(EEG.data(1,:));
index = 1;
while index < EEG.pnts-14
	if all(diffData(index:index+14) > 0)
		EEG.event(end+1) = 'blink';
		EEG.event(end).latency = index;
		index = index + EEG.srate; % jump by one second
	end;
	index = index + 1;
end
EEG = eeg_checkset(EEG, 'eventconsistency');
[ALLEEG EEG CURRENTSET] = eeg_store(ALLEEG, EEG, CURRENTSET);
eeglab redraw

Best regards,

Arno