[Eeglablist] dipfitting for egi: how to align channels

Lucy McGarry lucy.mcgarry at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 18:55:41 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am having a problem properly aligning my channels when I try to use the
dipfitting procedure for my 128 channel EGI cap.

I have automatically located channels for EGI using "warp montage" and the
MNI model, but after doing this, all the green channels end up clustered
around CZ.  Aligning fucidials does not seem to change anything.  Has anyone
else had this problem?

I'm not sure what entries to use in the fields at the bottom of the
coregistration window, that will optimally make the green electrode icons
correctly circle the head.  I tried entering numbers that made the image
look as though the electrodes were circling the head, but then when I plot
my dipoles, they end up all clustered across the centre of the head.  Does
anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks very much,
Lucy