[Eeglablist] Issues importing 32 bit neuroscan CNT files recorded in scan 4.5

Stephen Politzer-Ahles politzerahless at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 13:17:08 PDT 2011

Leif,

I do not have an answer, but for what it's worth I have also never been able
to import 32-bit .CNT files into EEGLAB (at least, not when running 32-bit
Windows XP). On the other hand, I never had problems importing epoched .EEG
files; therefore, my processing pipeline involves first re-referencing and
epoching the data in Neuroscan (if necessary, re-referencing could be done
later in EEGLAB instead) and then importing the epoched data to EEGLAB for
the rest of the preprocessing.

I would also be very interested to hear about any solutions for importing
the continuous data, though.

Best,
Steve Politzer-Ahles

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Leif Oines <leifdoines at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone else seems to have issues importing 32 bit
> neuroscan CNT files into eeglab (I've made sure that the 32 bit option is
> flagged when i go to read in the files). The data were recorded with a
> synamp2 64 channel amp. When I view the data with the eeglab plotter data
> from several channels do not appear at any scale, and the latencies of the
> channels that do display seem off in comparison to what things look like in
> neuroscan 4.5. There was a similar post made around 2009 but no apparent
> resolution. When I open epoched neuroscan EEG files, however, things seem
> fine. I suppose I could do all my preprocessing in neuroscan and then read
> in my EEG files, but I'm trying to move my entire pipeline into eeglab. Any
> help or even guesses would be wonderful.
>
> Thanks,
> Leif Oines

Stephen Politzer-Ahles
University of Kansas