[Eeglablist] Calculating Alpha Asymmetry

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 23:14:33 PST 2012

some sample code that might help below, from the searchable EEGLAB list
archive

[spec439 frq439] = spectopo (EEG.data, 250, 250, 'overlap', 125,
'winsize', 250,'plot', 'off', 'chanlocs', 'GSN129.sfp');
xlswrite('spec439.xls', spec439(:,1:256));
xlswrite('frq439.xls', frq439);

or

left= 24;
right = 25;
[spec_24 freqs ] = spectopo(EEG.data(right,:), 250, 250, 'plot', 'off')
[spec_25 freqs ] = spectopo(EEG.data(left,:), 250, 250, 'plot', 'off')
[tmp alpha_ind] = min( abs(freqs-8));
asymmetry1 = spec_24(alpha_ind) - spec_25(alpha_ind);
asymmetry2 = spec_25(alpha_ind) - spec_24(alpha_ind);
f439= fopen('439.xls', 'w+');
dlmwrite('439.xls', asymmetry1);