[Eeglablist] Trouble viewing ANT .cnt data in eegplot()

Jessamy Norton-Ford jnortonf at uci.edu
Mon Jan 23 12:34:44 PST 2012

Hi,

I am a relatively new EEGLAB user, running EEGLAB and ERPLAB with Matlab
7.13 (2011b) on my Dell PC (2.66GHz, 196GB RAM) with Windows XP 2002 (SP3).
 I have subject files that are broken into two pieces which are about 60MB
each.  I am struggling to complete analysis with this data as a result of
its size -- my greatest problem thus far being my near inability to view
the data using eegplot().  So far, I have been able to see my data only
once in EEGLAB, when I have both changed Microsoft's options to allocate
3GB instead of the default 2GB, and when I have loaded only 10 seconds of
data.  With 10 seconds of data, it takes several minutes for the eegplot()
gui to load (meanwhile the computer is nearly paralyzed), and it appears as
though almost the entire set of events is put into the data (incorrectly -
there should be maximum of 30 events, not 3000+).

My question is, does anyone know a useful work-around for such large
datasets, whether it be dividing the data into segments manually before
accordingly), or if there is some better way to work with EEGLAB using the
large files as they are (which would certainly be ideal).

Thank you so much,
Jessamy Norton-Ford

--
Jessamy Norton-Ford
Doctoral Student, Department of Cognitive Sciences
email: jnortonf at uci.edu
http://www.cogsci.uci.edu/~jnortonf/index.html