[Eeglablist] switching between eeglab versions

James Desjardins jdesjardins at brocku.ca
Sat Jun 16 20:38:27 PDT 2012

Hi Gadi,

Switching paths can be done from the command line. In the long-run I
find it better to modify scripts in order to keep up with the
advancements in EEGLab coding and to avoid juggling errors. I would
help you modify your scripts for EEGLab 10 if you prefer that route.

To switch the path from EEGLab10 (assuming that is in a folder named
"/home/user/EEGLab10") to EEGLab6 (assuming that is is a folder named
"/home/user/EEGLab6") use the following code from the command line or
script:

%Generate your full EEGLab10 path...
EEGLab10Path=genpath('/home/user/EEGLab10');

%Generate your full EEGLab6 path...
EEGLab6Path=genpath('/home/user/EEGLab6');

%Get the current path...
currentPath=path;

... %either

%Assuming that the current path is directed towards EEGLab10...
%Switch the path to EEGLab6...
path(strrep(currentPath,EEGLab10Path,EEGLab6Path));

... %or

%Assuming that the current path is directed towards EEGLab6...
%Switch the path to EEGLab10...
path(strrep(currentPath,EEGLab6Path,EEGLab10Path));

I hope that this is helpful.

--
James Desjardins, MA
Technician, Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab