[Eeglablist] Plot brain activity on a brain model

Eriksen, Jeff :LPH EEG JEriksen at LHS.ORG
Tue Jul 3 14:22:54 PDT 2012

Davide,

I hope such software does not exist. It is well known that what one sees
on the scalp is generally NOT what one would see on the cortical
surface. You cannot simply project it down to the brain surface without
some form of modeling, such as "deblurring" or formal source modeling.
These is a vast literature out there on these topics which you should
check into. Cortical deblurring never caught on much, but many source
modeling/imaging/localization packages offer ways to essentially
"project" scalp data to the cortex, but it is not simple. I do not
believe EEGlab offers this (besides its BESA-like dipole fitting), but
NFT does and it is EEGlab compatible.

-Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: eeglablist-bounces at sccn.ucsd.edu
[mailto:eeglablist-bounces at sccn.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Davide Baldo
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 2:41 AM
To: eeglablist at sccn.ucsd.edu
Subject: [Eeglablist] Plot brain activity on a brain model

Dear all,

I am using the EEGLAB function HEADPLOT (
http://sccn.ucsd.edu/eeglab/allfunctions/headplot.html ) to plot the
recorded brain activity (via EEG, 32 electrodes) on a head model.
Actually, I would like to plot the same recorded activity on a brain
model rather than on a head model. I would like to have a brain model
that lights up where the recorded EEG activity is higher.

Do you know if there is any EEGLAB function to do that? If not, could
you please suggest me which software or toolbox could I use?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Davide.