[Eeglablist] Time-Freq Decomp. and Pop_epoch - avoid edge artifacts

Luis R. Piloto lpiloto at Princeton.EDU
Tue Jul 10 14:05:12 PDT 2012

Hello,

I was wondering how I can perform time-frequency decomposition on my entire dataset and *then* split the resulting data into different epoch types based on port codes.  I know how to do each of these steps individually i.e. time-freq. decomp with newtimef() and splitting the data with pop_epoch(), but I have no clue how to use the output of newtimef with pop_epoch.  I'd like to split the data AFTER performing the time-frequency decomposition because the literature says that you get edge-artifacts from time-freq decomposition and performing it on the entire segment is obviously preferable to introducing edge-artifacts to each split segment.  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Luis Piloto