[Eeglablist] Out of Memory issues

Dwight Peterson dwight.peterson23 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 14:32:52 PDT 2012

Hi all,

       I am getting an output message of OUT OF MEMORY quite often when
attempting to use certain functions within EEGLAB.  For example, this OUT
OF MEMORY message occurs when I try to re-sample my dataset after it has
been successfully loaded in to EEGLAB. The reason I am trying to re-sample
is because our data acquisition system is extremely high resolution,
however, this leads to memory issues given that the sampling rate is 48000
Hz.   Because we are limited in terms of our equipment, I was trying to
re-sample to a smaller sampling rate, but I keep getting this error
message.  Also, this error message comes up when I try to load in a saved
continuous EEG dataset that I have already processed.  However, if I
re-create the eeg dataset from the beginning (e.g., import > from .mat
array) there is no such error message.
       I have already tried the memory options within the File menu of the
EEGLAB GUI.

       Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

--Dwight--

--
Dwight J. Peterson, M.A.