[Eeglablist] Out of Memory issues

Jim Parkinson jimparkinson at me.com
Mon Sep 24 10:40:47 PDT 2012

Matlab is pretty ropey at memory management. What's more, if you're running 32 bit Matlab, the maximum physical memory it can use, i think, 4gb, irrespective of how much your machine has. So my short answer (and the most effective long term, IMO) is to get more RAM and 64 bit Matlab. The former is dead cheap these days, the latter not so, I'm afraid! :-)

Dr Jim Parkinson, PhD

Postdoctoral Researcher,
Body and Action Group,
Institute of Cognitive Neuroscience,