[Eeglablist] Do I need OpevVibe to run eeglab? (Anatoly Romanov)

Romain Grandchamp romain.grandchamp at cerco.ups-tlse.fr
Thu Oct 11 05:06:01 PDT 2012

Hi Anatoly,
it really depends on what you whant to achieve. To what I understand from
your message,  you want to do real time mapping of eeg data on head models
right? EEGLAB is made for offline analysis in the first place. However you
might want to explore BCILAB eeglab plugin to do real time mapping,
Christian Kothe or anybody more familiar with this toolbox could maybe give
more directions on this point though.
Regarding OpenViBE use, it is indeed possible to do basic realtime mapping
out of the box with this software, and you don't have to necessarily use
EEGLAB. You can check OpenViBE documentations for more details (
http://openvibe.inria.fr/documentation-index/), as welle as the
"openvibe\share\openvibe-scenarios\box-tutorials\topographic-map.xml"
scenario provided with the software.
Moreover, data recorded using OpenViBE can be imported in EEGLAB for
further analysis.
Make sure your EEG system is supported by OpenViBE (
http://openvibe.inria.fr/supported-hardware/) and you should be able to
achieve what you have in mind.

Hope this helps
Romain