[Eeglablist] Dipole localization and ICA

Iman M.Rezazadeh irezazadeh at ucdavis.edu
Wed Nov 14 16:41:17 PST 2012

Dear Makoto,
Thanks for your reply!
 I think dipole approach might be  'good' for more or less localized sources
(maps) not distributed brain area.
On the other hand, how could one say that the dipole which is the outcome of
DIPFIT has physiological meaning considering the fact that ICA maps are only
mathematical plots of a 'mapping matrix' . In other word , how can we find
physiological meaning of each component by saying that each ICA reflects
individual and SEPARATE brain process - which is in my point of view far
from reality of physiology of the brain?
Best,
Iman

Iman M.Rezazadeh, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow