[Eeglablist] talaraich coordinate question

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 12:32:54 PST 2012

Hi Julia,

 I use the Tailarch client too to get a rough idea
of nearest BAs for a particular "estimated" dipole.

The dipfit estimations of dipoles that account for particular ICs
"in or near" a particular brain area or region should be taken with some
caution.
There are issues with not easily constraining results to cortex,
and with interpreting/coordinating results with other source estimation
techniques or software.

Last, the question of which software is best for determining closest
BA or region for a specific set of coordinates...

is different from the question of what software or algorithm is best
for your needs in  determining source estimates to begin with.

Respectfully,
Tarik