[Eeglablist] Extract absolute power using ERSP (Thang Le)

Marco Montalto montaltomarco at onvol.net
Mon Jan 14 12:53:41 PST 2013

Apologies Thang Le for not being more clear. The problem I found with the baseline being 1 is that your ERSP data is not normalised to baseline in the first place - that's what you said in your post on eeglablist.

The formula is:

(A-R)/R

Which is equivalent to:

A/R - 1

A/R is your ERSP data (power values) normalised to baseline.

But since you did not normalise to baseline, you have to extract power values for both baseline and experimental condition and then input both in the above formula.

Had your data been normalised to baseline, I believe you could then use the formula as your power values would be equivalent to A/R.

Let me know if I am still not being understandable.

Marco