[Eeglablist] CSD maps in STUDY design

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 18 17:59:18 PST 2013

Dear Marco,

based on another email I sent earlier to the list.

% merge all channel location structures for the STUDY
mergelocs = eeg_mergelocs(ALLEEG.chanlocs);

% get ERSP results (scalp maps) - for example scalp topography of spectrum in the alpha band
[STUDY spec ] = std_specplot(STUDY,ALLEEG,'channels', { mergelocs.labels }, 'topofreq', [8 12]);

then you may use one of the many laplacian function eeg_laplac.m is a good one although you will have to rebuild a dataset to use it. Something like

TMP = EEG(1);
TMP.chanlocs = mergelocs;
TMP.data = squeeze(spec{1});
CSD = eeg_laplac(TMP, 1);

% plot average CSD scalp topography
average_CSD = mean(CSD,2); % average across subjects
figure; topoplot(average_CSD, mergelocs);