[Eeglablist] Mastoid Signal

James Kean jamesdkean at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 19:45:44 PST 2013

G'day guys

This may not be the right forum to ask so you can just tell me where to go
if it's not but I wanted to ask about mastoids.

I am testing children aged 6 to 14 years, with behavioural difficulties, as
you can imagine they are quite difficult to get a clean EEG signal from.
On occasion a mastoid will dislodge slightly or the child will itch it
giving it a bad signal...

My question is this:
Is there a way to tell whatever program you're using like *EEGlab *or
*Neuroscan
*to use the signal from the clean mastoid rather than the bad mastoid?
OR to use majority of the signal from the good one and less from the bad
one?

Just wanted to know because these kids tend to wriggle a lot causing these
kinds of problems.

If anyone knows that'd be a great help.

Cheers
James