[Eeglablist] re-concatenating epoched dataset

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Jan 28 08:43:38 PST 2013

Dear Pete,

I've been trying to find the best work around to do that, but haven't
found it yet. What I did for the last time was that when epoching the
data I epoched short (0 to 1000 ms) and long (-1000 to 2000), perform
ICA and epoch rejection on the short-epoched data, copy the results to
the long-epoched data, and create STUDY using the long-epoched one.
This is purposed to obtain good low-frequency resolution in ERSP/ITC
as you mentioned (in this case, epochs could be overlapped).

You can copy ICA matrices via GUI, but you can't do so epoch and event
information. You have to write your own code. I'd happy to share my
code if you understand that it comes with no guarantee or support.

Makoto

2013/1/25 Pete Manza <pete.manza at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I have fully processed .set files for a STUDY design that were epoched
> around my stimulus -- but unfortunately, for ERSP calculation, the epochs do
> not start early enough behind the stimulus (only -300ms, I'd like to go back
> to -800ms or so).  I did not exclude any of the continuous data in my
> original epoching procedure (i.e., my trials were 7300ms long including the
> ITI, and I epoched from -300 to 7000ms).
>
> Is there a way to re-concatenate all of the trials of epoched data into
> continuous data so I can re-epoch?
>
> Or better yet, is there a way to chop off the last 500ms of each epoch and
> directly append them to the beginning of the following trial?  Either of
> these would be a much better option than going back and re-doing most of my
> preprocessing :)
>
> I am not very experienced in matlab, so if anyone is willing to share some
> code I'd greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thanks!
> Pete Manza
> Stony Brook University
> Integrative Neuroscience

JSPS Postdoctral Fellow for Research Abroad