[Eeglablist] One or two dipoles

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Feb 11 09:25:26 PST 2013

Dear Pal,

I agree with you that (slight) asymmetrical dipole fitting is more
realistic. It would be nice to have such 'almost symmetrical'
constraint rather than that of complete symmetry.

> you should take advantage of its superiority - the time
> resolution. I think you should follow your asymmetrical findings.

Just a note- EEGLAB primarily assumes that dipoles are fit to scalp
topos obtained from ICA. These IC scalp topos are time-invariant.

> I have been doing dipoling since the early 1990s (mainly in epilepsy).
> Symmetrical dipoles are rare, but they excists.

I respect your experience in the field and appreciate you share it
with us. Thank you.

Makoto