[Eeglablist] Average the F and p-values?

david grahms david.grahms at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 03:12:54 PST 2013

Hello list,

I have a question about reporting statistics derived from EEGLAB, or rather
how to reduce and report relevant statistics. One of the many strengths of
EEGLAB is the possibility to perform statistical testing over all your
electrodes and samples when performing a simple ERP experiment. I do,
however have trouble understanding what to do with huge amount of F and
p-values once I have performed the testing.

One problem is deciding which electrodes to include when reporting the
statistical significance another is, if I choose one (or a cluster of
relevant electrodes), do I still have to average relevant time period of
that electrode and test it again, or can I average the F and p-values
within that period for that specific electrode (or cluster)?

Best regards,
David