[Eeglablist] How to contribute to EEGLAB

Arnaud Delorme arno at ucsd.edu
Tue Feb 12 22:38:38 PST 2013

One participant to the list asked recently how she could help with EEGLAB.
This is the response we gave her in case there are more volunteers.

There are 3 main ways in which you could contribute to EEGLAB.

1- One is to look at the bugs in Bugzilla and comment on the bugs https://sccn.ucsd.edu/bugzilla/ to try to fix them or reproduce them (more than half of the bugs cannot be reproduced because some information is missing). It is not that fun but it is very useful.

2- A second way is to create more test cases. Download the EEGLAB test cases and run them on your machine http://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/EEGLAB_test_cases . Then you can look at which EEGLAB functions are not currently being tested and create test cases (a test case is a small program testing a single function). Then we will add the test case to the repository and run them every night.

3- A third way to contribute is to make your own algorithm available as plugin to EEGLAB so other users may use them.

Thanks,